Risk [Engels]

Ik heb een verhaaltje geschreven. Het is in het engels :slightly_smiling_face:. Let me know what you think.

[i]There I was. On the bridge. The highest bridge I had ever seen in my entire life. Carefully I looked over the edge, which I shouldn’t have done. My heart was already pounding in my chest and now it started pounding even more. I got scared. I had always been afraid of heights and I never thought I was actually going to do this. I quickly stopped looking over the edge and turned around. My father came towards me, smiling nervously. “I’ve got the tickets”, he said brightly, waving with two tickets. “Are you scared?” he asked worriedly.
“N-no, n-not at all”, I answered with a big smile. He looked relieved. A man came towards us and said something in French, which I didn’t understand. I smiled at him and at the same time I knew it was a fake one. As the man tied me and my father together with big belts and hooks, I felt the fear coming up like a wave at high tide. He tied an elastic rope to my feet and did the same to my father. Then he double-checked us and said “OK, vous y venez”. I held on to my father’s waist very tightly and he held me just as tight. We stepped over the edge and there we went, downwards and downwards. I had a crazy feeling deep inside and felt the blood rushing from my feet to my head. My belly made some weird noises and I felt tinkling in my stomach. I felt free as a bird and then it suddenly stopped. The rope sort of bounced a few times, took us with it and my father disconnected us and we fell into the icy water.

I risked my life that day. 12 years of age. I still don’t know why those people let me jump. It’ll always be a mystery. But what I do know, is that it opened up my eyes. At least at that moment. I thought I could handle everything, felt like I was on top of the world. I felt brave. Brave enough to go against anything I didn’t like, to the greatest disapproval of my parents. Until the holidays were over and I went to highschool…[/i]