Engels - tekst

Heee,
Ik ben niet echt super goed in Engels dus wou ik aan jullie vragen als jullie misschien deze tekst kunnen verbeteren. :slightly_smiling_face: Het gaat over het nederlandse en portugese onderwijs.
Jullie mogen wel dingentjes er bij toevoegen.

The difference between the Dutch and the Portuguese education:

The Dutch school has a modern education, unlike the Portuguese, who still go for the more traditional way of teaching.
I have chosen this subject because I moved to Portugal when I was ten years old. I have lived there till the 12 grade.

The principal benefits of Portuguese education are: They don´t have to cycle to school. The income of Portuguese parent is lower, so it’s very handy that this expensive costs of transport are free for any one. Now I cycle every day for about an hour to school. But cycling or walking to school can also be a positive aspect because we move more.
Furthermore the breaks are longer, I had about 2 hours break per day. During lunch time I had 1 hour and fifteen minutes.
In Portugal teachers are more involved with the students, they know exactly each childs situation. An other benefit is the summerholidays. They are each year for about three months. In my opinion this is great but they have to compensate those lost hours. That means in Portugal people have school till 6 o clock, or sometims till eight o clock. Generally they begin at 9 o´clock. These long days often cause fatigue or concentration problems. It´s almost impossible to concentrate 9 or 10 hours during 5 days. And when I arrived home, I had a lot of homework to do. Normally I hadn´t time for anything only in the weekends I could do fun things.
In Portugal the lessons are more ordened than in Holland. For example, it is strictily forbidden to listen to music or to speak during the lesson with a friend. They have a lot of respect for teachers. Teachers are considered a God.
the benefits of the Dutch education is the choice of further education. In Portugal people are focussed to be the best and to have the best average to be able to go to the university. For example, It´s very hard to study medicine, you need an average of 9. This has as main consequence that they don’t chose the study that they want but the study that correspond to their average. In the Netherlands people aren´t focussed on average but on passing the exames and to choose the study that they really like.
In the Netherlands there are different levels. There is Mavo, Havo and Vwo. In Portugal there is only one level. In my opinion the system in the Netherlands is a good functional system. In Portugal they don’t want this system because to their perception: everyone is the same and must have the same changes to learn.
Furthermore on the Portuguese school you can see that there is more poverty. The schools are often poorly insulated and not heated. I often sat from November to March with an winterjacket in the classroom.

Dank je wel!

They don’t have to go by bike to school. (dat jouwe kan wss ook wel, maar ik heb het zo geleerd)
The income of Portuguese parents
Er staat: het inkomen van portugese ouders is lager, dus het is erg handig dat deze hoge kosten van het OV gratis zijn voor iedereen. Eerst zou ik uberhaupt vertellen dat het OV voor studenten gratis is (als dat zo is). So it’s very handy that these expensive costs
Furthermore the breaks in portugal are longer (ik zou erbij zeggen dat het in portugal zo is omdat het voor jou misschien vanzelf spreekt maar ik had het niet direct door toen ik de tekst las.
Another ipv an other, kan wel aan elkaar

Teachers are considerd as a God

Verder zou ik alle getallen uitschrijven: I had about two hours break a day (of per day, dat weet ik niet)

Uhhhm, en verder, ik vind het een goede tekst qua zinsopbouw enzo!