Engels gesprekje (oefening)

x

Het meeste is al verbeterd maar nog een paar kleine dingentjes. :slightly_smiling_face:

x Hello, I’m (naam), (hoe zeg je ik geef wiskunde op deze school?)
I’m teaching maths on this school
+ Hi, I’m (naam). I come from the Netherlands.
ik zou zeggen: I am from the Netherlands
x It’s interesting to hear you’re from the Netherlands. Which places in the Netherlands are interesting to visit?
ik zou zeggen:
What place in Holland is interesting to visit?
Of ‘Which places are worth visiting’, omdat je anders het woord interesting wel vaak gebruikt. :wink:

+ Places of interest include(ik zou zeggen: nice places areMee eens :stuck_out_tongue:) Amsterdam, Leiden, Utrecht and The Hague But I prefer to go to Amsterdam because there are a lot of shops, I love to shop. I ik zou hier nog ‘also’ toevoegen, dan loopt het wat beter. like The Hague, because it’s near the beach.

x Oh that’s great, I think I like both of them them, but if I had to chose, I’d prefer tot go to The Hague, because I like to go to the beach.
Als je zegt If I have to chose, lijkt het alsof diegene nu gelijk een keuze moet maken, maar als je zegt If I had to chose, is het meer ‘Áls ik zou moeten kiezen’, en ik denk dat je dat eerder bedoelde?
How are you?
huh opeens how are you?
+ I feel at easeJe voelt je op je gemak? Ik zou gewoon zeggen ‘I’m doing well’ ofzoiets, thank you. I have walked around with my parents and i like the big classrooms and the gyms/sportfieldsIk zou zeggen 'Me and my parents took a walk around the school, and I like the roomy classrooms and the gym/sportfields

x I’m glad to hear your first impression is positive.

+ This school also has a sportsclub and a drama club. What would you like to do?

x I would like to join the sportclub, because I like sports like soccer, tennis and hockey. I also want to improve my Eglish, I want to speak it fluently.

+ Making mistakes is human. It’s important to practice your English when you’re not at school. Staying with a host family is a perfect way to speak English very wellto learn to speak the English language better’ klinkt beter denk ik;) The two benefits of staying with a host family are that you can learn the culture of this country and you can also learn how to cook.

x How important is homework at this school?

+ I think studying the words and phrases you don’t know is important. It really annoys ,e when students don’t do their work. Like those French students last month, who didn’t do anything at al. and during their stay with the host family they didn’t speak English!

x Ah that’s ridiculous. I don’t have any effect when you don’t studyIk weet niet zeker wat je bedoelt, maar probeer je niet te zeggen dat zonder studeren school geen effect heeft? Want nu staat er dat jij zonder studeren geen effect hebt… Als dat zo is, dan zou ik zeggen ‘Going to school doesn’t have any effect if you don’t study.’. I’m sure to do the best I can. I think it’s really important to speak English, beacuse English is next to Spanishik zou zeggen ‘because next to Spanish, English is’, dus dat je het omdraait tje most spoken language in the world and I want to study at a university in America.

+ I’m surprised you think you don’t speak English very well. You don’t make many mistakes.

x Thank you. I am going to take a walk because outside it’s raining like crazy. I look forward to visit this school in July. Bye bye!

Duuuus, de hele tekst verbeterd(tis nu een beetje onoverzichtelijk :stuck_out_tongue:)

x Hello, I’m (naam), I’m teaching maths on this school.

+ Hi, I’m (naam). I am from the Netherlands

x It’s interesting to hear that you’re from the Netherlands. Which places in the Netherlands are worth visiting?

+ Nice places are Amsterdam, Leiden, Utrecht and The Hague But I prefer to go to Amsterdam because there are a lot of shops, I love to shop. I also like The Hague, because it’s near the beach.

x Oh that’s great, I think I like both of them them, but if I had to chose, I’d prefer tot go to The Hague, because I like to go to the beach.
How are you?

+ I feel fine, thank you. Me and my parents took a walk around the school, and I like the roomy classrooms and the gym/sportfields.

x I’m glad to hear your first impression is positive.

+ This school also has a sportsclub and a drama club. What would you like to do?

x I would like to join the sportsclub, because I like sports like soccer, tennis and hockey. I want to improve my Eglish, I want to speak it fluently.

+ Making mistakes is human. It’s important to practice your English when you’re not at school. Staying with a host family is a perfect way to learn to speak the English language better. The two benefits of staying with a host family are that you can learn the culture of this country and you can also learn how to cook.

x How important is homework at this school?

+ I think studying the words and phrases you don’t know is important. It really annoys me when students don’t do their work. Like those French students last month, who didn’t do anything at all. and during their stay with the host family they didn’t speak English!

x Ah that’s ridiculous. Going to school doesn’t have any effect if you don’t study. I’m sure to do the best I can. I think it’s really important to speak English, because next to Spanish, English the most spoken language in the world and I want to study at a university in America.

+ I’m surprised you think you don’t speak English very well. You don’t make many mistakes.

x Thank you. I am going to take a walk because outside it’s raining like crazy. I’m looking forward to visit this school in July. Bye bye!