Chronicles of heaven

Hoi, ik ben laatst een projectje begonnen. Ik heb een blog aangemaakt ervoor. Het is een beetje moeilijk uit te leggen, maar na een paar posts snappen jullie het denk ik wel… Ik heb op het moment nog maar eentje, maar ik hoop dat ik het regelmatig ga updaten. Als jullie een kijkje willen nemen, zou ik dat fijn vinden, en als je het leuk vinden en een Tumblr hebben, volg me dan, en anders hoor ik het graag op dit forum. Het is wel in het Engels, maar als dat een probleem is, hebben jullie pech. Veel leesplezier:
http://chroniclesofheaven.tumblr.com/

Je mag je teksten dan hier plaatsen, niet een topic maken en doorlinken naar je site (zie regels) :wink:

Oh, sorry, niet gezien:

“Crushed by a vending machine, what a ridiculous way to die!” I thought as I was watching over my very flat dead body. There was blood all over the place, people were fainting and throwing up, and I felt kind of embarrassed. I never expected that dying could be embarrassing, but it was.

One moment I was getting a chocolate bar from the machine, it got stuck and the next thing I know I was watching over the crime scene. One of the teachers came. “Call a… Well, I don’t know. Someone, call an ambulance or something.” She yelled. I didn’t want to see it anymore.

Where was heaven? In front of me an escalator appeared. It was made of glass and it was big, not like I had ever seen before. As soon as I stepped on it my school disappeared and I was just in nothingness. Nothing was there, except for the escalator and the people on it; little kids who were so skinny you could almost see through them, they probably died from a famine. Bald people, I guessed they had cancer. Some people still had blood stains on their clothes; one even had a knife through his head, like a Halloween costume. I poked the person closest to me; he was wet to the skin, I thought he drowned. He looked at me angrily, “Can I help you?”

“Well, I was wondering if you could tell me if I look flat.”

“What an odd thing to ask. And yes, you do, a bit. Now leave me alone.”

It started to get a little foggy, probably because we were in the clouds. We arrived inside a building; people there were dressed in white robes, and had little wings. Some of them were wearing briefcases, I smiled. It looked ridiculous. It looked a bit like a subway station in there. There were little gates, and the people from the escalator reached in their pockets and got a ticket out, and they scanned it at the gates. I reached into my pocket, but I found nothing. I looked around. I tabbed a white robe person. “Excuse me, I don’t have a ticket.”

Without stopping she pointed towards a few windows, “registration office in that way.”

“Thank you!” I yelled. I joined in line, behind a young woman who was fidgeting. “First time too, huh?” she asked with a nervous smile.

“Yeah.” It took an hour before it was finally our turn, and so the woman, whose name was Audra and she died in child birth, and I had become quite good friends. She waited while I got my ticket. We went through the gates and followed the rest of the people. The crowd lead us to a giant elevator. Really huge, over a hundred people could fit in there. And yet we all stood there crammed together.

When we got out of the elevator we were in some sort of waiting room. Everything was white and there were little television screens for every seat. I took a number from the machine, like everybody else. I was number 402158. We sat down and watched the television. I saw my parents, they were at the insurance company complaining that they couldn’t afford my funeral. I saw my boyfriend; he was back together with his ex. I saw my best friend; she was working at a supermarket. I asked Audra what she saw.

“I see my husband with my baby, he named her Audrey. He’s feeding her a bottle. I see my best friend at my grave, with a bouquet of forget-me-nots. I see my parents looking through a photo album of when I was a baby.” She looked up with tears in her eyes. “They miss me. What do you see?”

“Oh, you know, the same, except I don’t have a baby or a husband.” Maybe it was better for me to be gone, if no one missed me.

She smiled and went back to watching her loved ones.

“Numbers 402000 to 402050.”

I went up to a desk, where a person in a white robe was polishing her nails. “Excuse me, what exactly are we waiting for?”

“You are waiting for your next life, honey.”

“What do you mean?”

“You didn’t think you would be allowed in heaven after just one life, did you?”

“Well, as a matter of fact, I did.”

“You and all humans these days.”

“And what are you anyway?”

“I’m an angel, honey, see the wings? They’re part of the uniform, they don’t actually work. We’re all angels here. Just not the kind humans think we are.”

“But, when do I get to go to heaven?”

“Ten lives plus ten years of working here. After that, the big guy decides if you can retire or get fired. And with fired, I mean that in the most literal sense of the phrase, as in the fires of hell. But I heard that hell is really just an eternity of nothingness. No one really knows, because no one has ever come back, you know.”

“Okay, well…”

“Now off you go.”

“But…”

“No. Go. Can’t you see that I’m busy?” she went back to polishing her nails, and I went back to my seat. When I got there, Audra was still looking at her screen in wonder, while all I saw was my boyfriend snogging his ex. I told her what the ‘angel’ told me.

“Are we going back home?” she asked.

“If you mean by that earth, then yes.”

“401250 to 401300.” A voice said.

“That’s us!” we walked to the door. Right before we stepped into the light, I hovered. A bunch of people bumped into me. They cursed and went on, until only Audra and I were left.

“If we don’t see each other again, I wish you a nice life, Audra.”

“You too, Marilou.” She hugged me. “It was nice meeting you.” And we walked in. But we were still there together. We were in a hall with a bunch of touch screens. The kind you have at airports these days, to check into your flight.

We each went to one of them. There was some sort of Wikipedia on it. Except it was called Humanipedia. The screen said: please hold your finger on the screen for 5 seconds in order to log in. So, I did. Suddenly an angel stood next to me. “Hi, Marilou, do you need any help?”

“Sure. What’s this?”

“It’s humanipedia, look. Right here you search the things you want your new life to be like. For example, you want to get married. You type in married. It gets a lot of results. But, if you want to be more specific, type in married to a handsome plumber. That’s only seven. You want to be married to a handsome plumber?”

“No, thank you. So, this is actually a website that has all the people from the future in it.”

“Something like that. You choose a life you want to live. But you have to choose wisely, because it all counts if you want to go to heaven.”

“Right. Thank you, I think I will be fine now.”

“Good, call me if you need any help.”

“I will.” I searched all kinds of crazy stuff. Famous people of the future, terrorists of the future. After a while Audra came up to me.

“Have you chosen anything yet? I chose to be my best friend’s kid, Jenna. I am going to marry a handsome plumber and have three daughters named Dominica, Josie-Ann and Sydney. And my last life’s husband is going to be my godfather. It’s kind of weird. But at least I’m close to my family.”

“I don’t know what I want.”

I pressed the ‘random’ button. Liz Segreti. Daughter of Lindsey and Xavier Segreti. Famous writer. Married to Draco Fay, successful businessman. Dies of old age. Sounded good. At the bottom of the page I found a yes button, which I pressed. And I got 10 pop ups that asked if I was absolutely sure. Yes, I was.

When everyone was done choosing we walked to an elevator again. The elevator boy pressed a button and we went both up and down as left and right as forward and backwards. Really fast. The elevator was made of glass and at one point we stopped above a house where a stork was sitting on the roof. It flew away when we arrived. Above the elevator door was a sign that said number 401250. And the guy who I guessed was 401250 walked to the door and the elevator boy pressed the button and the man jumped out. And then he just disappeared in the middle of the air. It went on like that, we flew to a house with a stork on the roof, and someone jumped out. After 401257 jumped out I hugged Audra, or Jenna, for the last time.

“401258.” The elevator boy said. I stepped forward and the doors opened. I closed my eyes and stepped out and I fell. It seemed like I was falling forever. Until I was born. And I didn’t remember anything of what happened to me in heaven.